- I sold my novel, Believers, which is slated to come out in spring 2015 from Algonquin Books. (Foreign rights were also sold in Poland and Turkey.)
- I did the final edits for Believers and worked with my wonderful editor Andra Miller (next up: copy edits).
- I wrote a new short story, which I sold to Glimmer Train (due out in November 2015).
- I started on a new novel (20K words and counting; fingers crossed).
- I attended my first AWP conference.
- I published stories in the Kenyon Review Online ("The Riot and Rage That Love Brings"), The Doctor T. J. Eckleburg Review ("Job History"), Atticus Review ("The Memory Thief"), and fwriction ("How to Talk to Children About Death"). An excerpt from Believers also appeared in the kick-ass anthology 24 Bar Blues: Two Dozen Tales of Bars, Booze, and the Blues.
Rarely do I stop and step back and appreciate what I've accomplished. I'm always on to the next thing, rushing ahead. But I have to say, this feels like a pretty damn good list. If I can lick this cold, I'll have some extra reasons to celebrate tomorrow night.
Happy New Year!