Thursday, January 15, 2009

I've Got Blisters on My Fingers...

... And bags under my eyes. Even more so than usual. Which is saying something.

Why? I stayed up late last night test-driving a guitar I'm thinking of buying from a co-worker.

It felt good. It felt great. I really miss playing. But I'm paying the price. Dragging. Up at 4:45 a.m. (crying baby). And now a full day of work looms.

These days I break out my guitar about once a month or so. Typically this consists of playing inappropriate songs for my kids -- things like "Ring of Fire" and "I Wanna Be Your Dog" and "Take the Skinheads Bowling."

My goal: learn some "traditional" kid songs. And to play more frequently so that my fingers don't hurt like hell after playing, hence the "Helter Skelter" reference of the title of this post...

No comments: